MTI is Made in the USA
MTI Baths is an American-owned company located in Sugar Hill, Georgia. In fact, MTI is employee owned.
Since 1988, MTI has earned a reputation for impeccable quality, innovation and unique customizations for its expansive line of bath products. MTI offers fine products in acrylic, engineered solid stone and wood, all manufactured with care in the USA. Because MTI products are primarily "custom-made", a significant amount of the cost is skilled labor. MTI is proud to be one of the manufacturing companies still located in the USA.
To make the claim "Made in the USA", the Federal Trade Commission regulations state that "all or virtually all" of a specific product must be produced in the United States. It sounds simple enough, but it takes about 40 pages to spell-out all of the FTC rules!
Following are the details for MTI products:
- All MTI soaking tubs, shower bases and sinks, whether constructed of acrylic or Engineered Solid Stone™, are 100% "Made in the USA" in the MTI plant in Sugar Hill, Georgia using materials and packaging materials made in the USA.
- 95% of the molds and tooling used in the manufacture of MTI tubs, sinks and shower bases are made at the Sugar Hill facility.
- MTI Hydrotherapy Systems, including whirlpool systems, air baths and all combination systems are manufactured in the USA. 70% of the cost of these products is USA labor and USA-made materials. Approximately 30% of the total cost of these products is comprised of pumps and parts imported from other countries. These products all qualify under the FTC definitions.
- MTI teak products are "Made in the USA", Sugar Hill, Georgia using teak purchased from a USA-owned import company (East Teak Fine Hardwoods). All teak used by MTI is harvested from renewable tree farms bordering Burma (Myanmar); not from Burma.
- All MTI furniture is "Made in the USA", Sugar Hill, Georgia using wood purchased from USA-owned companies. All woods are grown in the USA, with the exception of the teak.
- While custom glass enclosures are manufactured using raw materials made in the USA, standard glass enclosures are globally sourced.
- MTI’s policy is to source products made in the USA, interviewing prospective vendors to learn how and where their products are sourced. Exceptions are made only when USA raw materials are either cost-prohibitive or are unavailable.
MTI is dedicated to providing superior-quality, handcrafted products for the US consumer -- proudly "Made in the USA".
Learn more about Why MTI takes pride in being a US manufacturer.