Hydrotherapy is an unparalleled method of effectively relieving pain and promoting wellness in a number of different areas, and it also plays an important role in relieving anxiety and tension.
Conditions Helped by Hydrotherapy
- Insomnia and Stress: The National Sleep Foundation recommends taking a warm bath a few hours before bedtime to enhance sleep quality. Unlike the use of prescription sleeping pills, hydrotherapy is an effective natural sleep aid that helps the body relax and unwind on its own, leading to a more restive sleep.
- Circulatory System: The heat and massage action of hydrotherapy help blood flow more easily, thus relieving tension headaches and soothing stress-prone areas like the neck, shoulders and lower back.
- Muscular and Skeletal Systems: Sore muscles, lower back pain, aching joints – all stand to benefit from the heated water massage of hydrotherapy. Such treatments are often recommended by doctors for those suffering from sports-related injuries or strains. The Arthritis Foundation also recommends hydrotherapy as a means to help those with stiff joints regain mobility and ease discomfort.
- Respiratory System: The moist heat associated with hydrotherapy is often beneficial to those suffering from respiratory ailments such as bronchitis, congestion and asthma.
- Digestive and Immune Systems: Improved circulation results in a more effective digestive progress. Wastes and other toxins are more easily eliminated, and lymph is moved more efficiently through the body, strengthening the immune system.
Types of Hydrotherapy
MTI is a recognized leader when it comes to the technology of modern hydrotherapy, offering five distinct types of hydrotherapy experience. Each is unique; each is thoroughly therapeutic. Whether you prefer the simple luxury of a soaking bath, the gentle experience of bathing in a forest stream, the invigorating deep-tissue massage of a whirlpool, the light full-body thermo-air massage, or a combination of the air bath/whirlpool, MTI offers more than 200 tub models with multiple configurations to meet your specific hydrotherapy needs.