MTI Designer Collection acrylic shower bases are attractive, easy to clean and integrate with a wide variety of materials and decors. Choose from a generous assortment of sizes and shapes, including square, rectangle, rounded front, neo-angle and seated. Additionally, there are end- and center-drain models available to meet your specific installation requirements.
Some bases are single threshold, and others are low-profile multiple-threshold, which means that they can be specified from the factory to accept glass enclosures on one, two or three sides. The low-profile design not only presents a very clean look, but it also makes entrance and exit easier. The shallow height of these base thresholds also permits them to be recessed in the floor. When used in combination with a genuine teak shower tray, a flat transition is created between bathroom floor and shower.
The Designer Collection also includes barrier-free shower bases, which are designed specifically for installations that require a flat transition from bathroom floor to shower. These bases are also equipped with a special patented drain design to effectively capture the shower water.
Standard Features and Construction of Designer Collection Shower Bases:
- Cross-linked cast acrylic construction, strengthened by a substantial multi-layered backing to prevent flexing of the shower floor pan.
- At least 30% thicker and stronger than other makes.
- The surface is extremely scratch- and stain-resistant.
- The non-porous surface makes cleaning and sanitizing faster and better.
- Single and multiple-threshold models available, some with hidden drain.
- Pre-leveled and include tile flange(s).
- Optional Foam Base eliminates the need for bedding compound.
- Textured bottom meets ASTM F-462-1994 for slip-resistance.
- Most bases can even be equipped with MTI’s Radiance®, which applies radiant heat to the shower base floor for extra comfort, and also in the seats of seated models.