SculptureStone® – More than Solid Surface
Boutique Collection products are constructed using MTI’s proprietary SculptureStone material. It is easy to see and even feel the difference between our SculptureStone and some competitors’ solid-surface products, which are porous with hollow or void areas and a top-surface coating.
Here’s what goes into all our Boutique Collection products:
- MTI Boutique Collection products are manufactured using a proprietary, luxurious SculptureStone material, also referred to as Engineered Solid Stone® or ESS®.
- Approximately 70% of the material is organic: natural stone that is comprised of various minerals.
- This is refined into a powder and combined with high-performance resins that are binding agents.
- The material is liquefied, poured into a mold, cured and then hand-finished.
- The result is a solid work of art: molded stone. Smooth, 100% solid, luxurious.
- No top coating, layers or hollow areas.
- This material is non-porous, stain-, mold- and mildew-resistant, making cleaning and maintenance easy.
Learn more about the award-winning tub, sink and shower base designs in the MTI Boutique Collection