For MTI “Green” means environmental responsibility and sustainability. Accordingly, in both the administrative and manufacturing areas, MTI’s commitment is evidenced in the policies and practices it has in place.
- MTI recycles the following:
- Cardboard, paper, copper, aluminum, scrap steel, virgin and scrap acrylic and wood.
- Electronics such as computers, monitors, cables, printer ink cartridges, batteries, fluorescent light bulbs and thermostats.
- Water used for testing.
- Re-cycled material used:
- Over 40% of the materials used in the manufacturing of MTI acrylic products, such as soaking tubs and shower bases, is post-industrial recycled material.
- The binding agents used for MTI acrylic products are formulated using recyclable and/or renewable raw materials.
- SculptureStone® products utilize a “Green” resin of combined renewable bio-derived and / or recycled content.
- All MTI tub and shower base shipping boxes are made from 100% recycled material.
- Material awareness:
- Approximately 70% of the material used in the manufacturing of MTI SculptureStone® products is organic, including minerals mined from the earth.
- MTI uses the newest chemicals that offer the lowest emissions.
- Even the cleaning agents used emit no VOCs and have a very low flashpoint, benefiting both the worker and the environment.
- MTI recycles small granules from the manufacturing process of its SculptureStone® products. The granules are mixed with resin to use in the bonding process of the inner and outer shells of MTI acrylic freestanding tubs, thereby reducing waste, resin consumption and resin cost.
- MTI uses only 100% legal, FEQ (First European Quality) sustainable teak lumber. The teak lumber used in MTI products is imported by reputable suppliers who meet and exceed all federal regulations. Our suppliers are dedicated to complying with all international laws regarding labor and conservation concerns in harvesting of the trees. All premium teak lumber used by MTI is harvested from responsibly managed forests and is not endangering or depleting the rain forests of the world.
- MTI’s wood finishing process uses protective coatings with low-VOC (Volatile Organic Chemical) and low-HAPs (Hazardous Air Pollutants).