Hydrotherapy - Soaking Bath
The most elemental form of hydrotherapy is the soaking bath, where heat and water’s natural buoyancy foster deep relaxation.
Soaking bath therapy is a standard for all MTI tub models.
Benefits of a Soaking Bath:
- Soaking tubs are an organic form of pain relief that works magic.
- Body weight is reduced by 90% in water, giving one a sensation of weightlessness that significantly relieves the effects of gravity, easing pressure on aching joints, muscles and bones which can help increase physical function.
- Soaking in warm water quiets the body and slows internal organs. Heat dilates blood vessels and increases circulation in the body, thus allowing enzymes and endorphins (the body’s natural pain relievers) to work more quickly and effectively.
- It also stimulates sweating and increases the elimination of toxins.
- In studies, the Mayo Clinic found that a hot bath provides many of the health benefits of exercise with less strain on the heart. Soaking in a hot bath increases the heart rate while lowering one’s blood pressure rather than raising it as does exercise.
- According to the Arthritis Foundation, “Hydrotherapy is one method of using water to help treat arthritis. The soothing warmth and buoyancy of the water make it a safe, ideal environment for relieving arthritis pain.”
All MTI soaker tubs are ergonomically designed for maximum comfort. We carefully select high-quality materials that deliver superior insulating properties to help maintain the warmth of the bath water longer.